When it comes to exploring the world of culinary delights, Asian fish recipes stand out as a treasure trove of flavours and aromas. The rich diversity of Asian cuisine offers a wide range of cooking styles and techniques that can turn a simple fish dish into a masterpiece.
Whether you’re a fan of spicy Thai flavours or the delicate nuances of Japanese cuisine, there’s a fish recipe for every palate. In this comprehensive article, we bring you a delightful collection of mouthwatering Asian fish recipes that will leave you craving for more. So, fasten your apron and get ready to dive into the enchanting world of Asian flavours!
Thai Fish Curry (Asian Fish Recipes)
- 500g white fish fillets, cubed
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the red curry paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes until the aroma fills the air.
- Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce, stirring well to combine the flavors.
- Add the fish fillets and let them simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until they are almost fully cooked.
- Toss in the sliced bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli, and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until the vegetables reach a tender-crisp texture.
- Garnish your sumptuous Thai fish curry with fresh coriander and serve it over a bed of steamed rice.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soy sauce for dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and baking powder to create the tempura batter.
- Slowly pour in the ice-cold water, whisking continuously until the batter achieves a smooth consistency.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or wok to 375°F (190°C).
- Dip each shrimp into the batter, ensuring they are evenly coated, and gently place them into the hot oil.
- Fry the shrimp in batches for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until they develop a delectable golden crispiness.
- Remove the tempura shrimp from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel.
- Serve the heavenly Japanese tempura with a side of soy sauce for dipping.
Chinese Steamed Fish
- 1 whole fresh fish (snapper or sea bass), cleaned and scaled
- 3 slices of ginger
- 2 green onions, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place the Asian Fish Recipes on a heatproof plate and stuff the cavity with ginger slices and half of the green onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, and sugar. Pour the mixture over the fish, allowing the flavors to infuse.
- Set up a steamer and carefully place the plate with the fish inside. Steam the fish over high heat for about 12-15 minutes, or until it reaches full doneness.
- Garnish the exquisite Chinese steamed fish with the remaining green onions and fresh cilantro before serving.
Korean Grilled Mackerel (Godeungeo-gui)
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, create the marinade by mixing together the soy sauce, mirin, honey, sesame oil, grated ginger, and minced garlic.
- Lay the mackerel fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, ensuring they are well-coated. Allow the fish to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, brushing it with oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill the marinated mackerel fillets for about 3-5 minutes on each side until they achieve a delightful smoky char and are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle the grilled mackerel with toasted sesame seeds before presenting this Korean delicacy.
Malaysian Fish Laksa
- 500g white fish fillets, cubed
- 200ml coconut milk
- 500ml fish or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 100g bean sprouts
- Hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and sauté it for a few minutes, releasing its aromatic essence.
- Pour in the coconut milk and fish or chicken stock, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the fish fillets to the laksa broth and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes until they reach their peak tenderness.
- To serve, place a generous portion of cooked rice vermicelli noodles in each bowl. Ladle the luscious laksa broth and fish over the noodles.
- Garnish the tantalizing Malaysian fish laksa with bean sprouts, halved hard-boiled eggs, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
Embrace the captivating flavours of Asia through these exquisite fish recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. From the aromatic Thai fish curry to the smoky Korean grilled mackerel, each dish brings a unique essence of its cultural heritage.
The delicate and delightful Chinese steamed fish perfectly complements the crispy and indulgent Japanese tempura. Finally, the comforting and fragrant Malaysian fish laksa offers a blend of diverse tastes in a single bowl. Prepare to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure with these amazing Asian fish recipes!
For more culinary inspirations and cooking tips, visit our website Fish Aim, where we celebrate the art of preparing delightful seafood dishes. Get ready to elevate your cooking skills and experience the best of Asian cuisine!